WhatsApp, we are all familiar with this app, is one of the most popular social networking apps with over 1billion users in 180 countries around the world. WhatsApp revolutionized messaging completely, post the intermediate BBM craze. As a small business owner, using WhatsApp to connect with potential customers, interact, take orders, and have a two-way open conversation is a boon.
Keeping this in mind, WhatsApp recently has introduced a separate app called WhatsApp Business. Though the name says it all, let’s delve into the major questions and get you familiarized with the new app that’s going to revolutionize marketing.
What is WhatsApp Business?
Small businesses use WhatsApp as a medium to connect with their customers, and to overall run their business. WhatsApp Business is an Android only free app (it is currently not available on other platforms) that allows small and medium businesses to create a business profile exclusive to their business and to use this messaging app to increase and maintain customer bases. WhatsApp Business offers a range of beneficial features for businesses. Here are a few:
- Create an identity with a business profiles: With WhatsApp Business, create a business profile that is unique to your business. WhatsApp’s revolutionary new app lets you key in all your basic business details, such as a simple description on what you do, contact details like email, telephone numbers, store address details and website. This profile will be unique to your business and every time someone gets a message from your business they will view it as a message from a business profile and will be able to view your complete business profile.
- Send and receive messages easily with smart messaging tools: To run a successful business and retain customers, it is essential to keep open communication between you and your customers. WhatsApp business comes with smart messaging tools that allow you to send
- Quick replies to frequently asked questions,
- Greeting messages that will introduce your business to new and potential customers, and,
- Away messages that will let customers know you are busy and will reply at the earliest.
- Evaluate your business performance through the app: With WhatsApp Business, get stats on your messages, like how many were sent, delivered, and read, for instance. This will give you a holistic understanding of how your messaging strategy is helping your business and may also give you an idea of the number of new clients acquired through WhatsApp.
- Message from anywhere with WhatsApp Web: Get the advantage of responding to messages from anywhere with WhatsApp Web. Sign in to your account on a desktop or laptop through WhatsApp Web and continue interacting with your customers and responding to queries.
- Clear account classification: When you use WhatsApp Business, people will clearly know that all messages received are from a business as you will be listed as a Business Account. Eventually, your business will have a Confirmed Account addition to it once it has been confirmed that the account number matches the businesses phone number and is genuine.
Old WhatsApp users can continue using WhatsApp as usual — without having to download anything new. You will still have control over the messages received, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
With this revolutionary app, WhatsApp has simplified business communication for small sized business owners. Also, for business users who wish to continue using a business number and a personal number on the same device, you can have both the WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on your phone and registered to different numbers.
With time, this app may also enable customers to make payments directly to the business. Now this will be a feature to look forward to.
To download the new app from WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business,