Sales has never been easy. But it is even tougher now. It’s just not enough to have a website these days. Constant monitoring of how search engines are evaluating your website for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is paramount for sales has a direct co-relation to SEO.
The purpose of SEO as an indispensable marketing tool is three-fold:
- It helps in increasing traffic on your website by increasing your website’s search ranking for specific keywords.
- It is a great tool for generating leads. SEO helps prospective customers discover your product by matching your website’s content to their search content.
- Most importantly, SEO helps in boosting sales. By directing relevant audience to your website, SEO ensures higher conversion rates.
Many entrepreneurs think that a great product does not need too much advertisement. SEO experts tend to defer in their opinion. On the contrary, they believe that online product promotion is essential irrespective of the quality of the product. Besides, SEO is not just about bringing traffic on a website. It is about acquainting prospective customers to your product so it sells.
The main purpose of SEO is to increase the visibility of your site and your products and services on various search engines like - Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. When you ignore SEO, you ignore the different ways in which you can attract customers to your website. SEO is an excellent way of increasing footprint about your organization. And while you might know a lot about the industry you cater to, you might not have the time, the resources or the requisite knowledge to create SEO – organic and paid. That’s when you need expert opinion. If you are a growing organization and yet to begin your SEO process, it might not be a bad idea to try your hand at SEO before you venture out to hire a SEO company.
Here are a few steps to follow as a beginner in SEO:
- Identify the type of content required on your websites based on your offerings and the expected customer profile.
- Identify keywords that best describe your product and services. Sometimes several keywords with low search volume generate more effective leads than a single high search volume keyword.
- Make your website content more customer centric. Use your industry knowledge and experience to write informative blogs that will answer questions customers usually have related to your product.
- Create back links to your website from other relevant sites and also within your site.
- Make regular posts on your website; once a week is a good start. This will ensure that your site will continue to rank high for particular keywords.
Also read – The only SEO techniques you will ever need to get an idea about SEO techniques. However, you must also remember not to be impatient when attempting organic SEO. It could take up to a few months to see results since search engine bots crawl millions of websites. For quicker results, you could try paid SEO. If you are looking to do SEO in Dubai, we could guide you with the best ways of both organic and paid SEO.