Text messages took over all the other technologies a few years back and are still being used by more than half of the present population. Research says that in next three years the number of unique mobile subscribers will increase in 1 billion. As a result, most of the companies are thinking about integrating SMS marketing as a major part of their marketing strategies. There are various When, What and Why's about Bulk SMS marketing. Therefore, we are going to cover the most common question and answers related to Bulk SMS.
Who uses bulk SMS marketing?
Every company has the necessity of using SMS marketing. However, there are few industries who are majorly benefited by bulk SMSing. E-commerce, Healthcare, Banks, Star hotels, Universities, Enterprises, Media Outlets and Restaurants.
What is an SMS gateway?
An SMS gateway allows a computer/mobile device send short message service (SMS) to and from a device over a telecommunications network. The SMS gateway enables compatibility of the message sent and received.
What is short code?
A short 5 to 6-digit phone number used by businesses is what is called a short code. The short codes are used to send messages related to their business. For instance, you can send reminder, coupons, promotions and even announce sale updates. Short code can also be used by consumers to send short messages to business. Example : Text Balance to 50707 to know your bank balance.
How to measure effectiveness of SMS marketing?
The metrics used to measure the performance of SMS marketing are
- Delivery rate – Measures the number of messages delivered out of the number of subscribers the messages were sent to. Over 96% delivery rate is considered healthy.
- Open rate – Measures the number of subscribers who had opened the message. SMS open rate is said to be more than that of an email open rate
- Click through rate – Measures the number of messages opened by the subscribers
- Opt-out rate – measure of the number of recipients opting out of the campaign after receiving the message.
- Click through rate – measures the number of recipients who had taken action with respect to the campaign which had redirected them to another page.
- Conversion rate – Measure of recipients who had taken a valuable action through the campaign.
What is promotional SMS?
Promotional SMS’s are used purely for promotion purposes. You can increase brand awareness in just a click. The objective of promotional SMS is to promote your brand/service by sending offers, brand updates etc. 64% of the mobile users have made a purchase after a promotional message.
What is transactional SMS?
Transactional SMS refers to messages sent to your customers passing on data related to the use of your product/service. Examples of transactional SMS are alerts, confirmation on something from banks, universities or any organization. The open rate of transactional SMS is 80%.
What are the benefits of Bulk SMS marketing?
- Bulk SMS is the most effective and successful way of marketing.
- The open rate is much more than of any other medium.
- Considering the increased use of mobile phones, Bulk SMS is the ideal way to reach a huge number of audience.
- The open rate of SMS marketing is 85% than of email marketing which is only 50%.
Bulk SMS marketing has turned out be crucial for businesses. If you want to increase your engagement or communicate with your consumers then Bulk SMS marketing is the best way. Digital marketing agencies help your company excel in Bulk SMS. If your company needs any assistance with Bulk SMS marketing then